Clinton Hunger Leadership Award
Undergraduate students with a passion to end hunger are invited to apply for the Clinton Hunger Leadership Award. Named in honor of President Bill Clinton for his commitment to humanitarian causes including the eradication of hunger, the award recognizes outstanding leadership in the movement to end hunger.
The cash award is co-sponsored by Stop Hunger Now and NC State University Leadership and Civic Engagement.
- Must be an enrolled student at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Demonstrated leadership in the fight against hunger
- Commitment to a life of service in the area of hunger, poverty reduction, or related discipline
How to Apply:
- Submit a 3-5 minute video detailing your vision for a world without hunger as well as your efforts to provide leadership in this area.
- Video should be creative and engaging (i.e. not a live video resume)
- Include your email address at the end of your video (Finalists will be contacted via email)
- Upload video to President William Jefferson Clinton Hunger Leadership Award vimeo group.
Top 5 video finalists will be judged by a selection committee and asked to submit the following:
- Applicant information for
- Letter of recommendation
- Essays indicating an understanding of the cause of hunger and related issues
Stop Hunger Now will provide a cash award for the recipient to use towards an educational experience that will advance their knowledge and understanding of hunger and related issues.
- 2014 – Azeem Ahmed, Auburn University
- 2014 – Honorable mention Patricia Paskov, University of Wisconsin
- 2013 – Brendan Rice, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2013 – Honorable mention Devin Yeomans, Auburn University
- 2012 – Ryan O’Donnell – North Carolina State University – more information
- 2011 – Gavin R. Armstrong – University of Guelph, Canada
- 2011 – Ellen Luby Orabone – American University – Honorable Mention
- 2010 – Sarah Nam – Harvard University
- 2009 – John Coggin – North Carolina State University
Partner Organization: Rise Against Hunger