The Outreach Team for Leadership and Civic Engagement
The Leadership and Civic Engagement Ambassadors program consists of a group of students who are engaged, passionate, and enthusiastic about tackling social justice issues while strengthening their interests in leadership and service. Ambassadors help inform the student body about the programs Leadership and Civic Engagement hosts by facilitating events held by Leadership and Civic Engagement interns, participating in service projects, and serving as representatives for the Leadership and Civic Engagement office. This program helps students find a way to make a positive impact on campus, develop and strengthen their professional network, and engage in fun and interesting experiences that will prepare them for the future.
Options for Ambassador Requests
1. Team Building
Is your student team looking for a way to improve their communication, leadership or problem-solving skills? Team Building is a critical skill needed for all disciplines of life. Our Ambassadors can help with developing these skills through team building workshops.
2. What Is Leadership and Civic Engagement?
Want to share more about Leadership and Civic Engagement with your students? Leadership and Civic Engagement provides opportunities for students to engage in a variety of service and leadership opportunities. Our goal is to cultivate a community of responsible, engaged, and effective leaders who are activists, philanthropists, researchers, and social innovators.Request a Leadership and Civic Engagement Ambassador Presentation or Team-builder
What Students Gain
- Find a community of passionate, driven, and like-minded individuals
- Make the most out of their college career in a fun and thriving environment
- Engage in experiences that will prepare them for future campus opportunities
- Enhance their personal leadership, organizational, and public speaking skills
- Make a positive difference on campus alongside a diverse group of student leaders
- Develop and strengthen their professional network on campus and within the community
- Be surrounded by student leaders and staff members who invest in their personal and professional growth
Who Should Apply
Do you have a passion for leadership & service and want to spread the word to other students on campus? The Leadership and Civic Engagement is seeking students interested in the Leadership and Civic Engagement Ambassadors program. We want students who are engaged, passionate, and eager to work with our office to tackle social justice issues and strengthen their interests in leadership and service. Ambassadors will work alongside our Leadership and Civic Engagement interns by facilitating events, participating in service projects, and serving as representatives for the Leadership and Civic Engagement office.
Applications will open in Fall of 2018.
Meet The Ambassadors
- Freja Carlson
- Major: Communication Media and Horticulture Science
- Year: Sophomore
- Fun fact: I plan to eventually obtain my pilot’s license.
- Aasiah Ali
- Year: Junior
- Fun fact: I love my family.
- Major: Nutrition Science
- Kelly Ziyu Xia
- Major: Sociology
- Year: Sophomore
- Fun fact: I am a foodaholic and dogaholic
- Kayla Wilson
- Major: Social Work
- Year: Senior
- Fun fact: I have a tattoo that I got in Guatemala.
Requests for reasonable accommodations can be submitted to email@example.com.